PDF.js Express Web Viewer provides support for interactive forms which are a collection of fields for gathering information interactively from the user.
An interactive form (sometimes referred to as an AcroForm) is a collection of fields (such as text boxes, checkboxes, radio buttons, drop-down lists, and pushbuttons) for gathering information interactively from the user. A PDF document may contain any number of Fields appearing on any combination of pages. All these fields make up a single, global interactive form spanning the entire document. While PDF forms are similar to HTML forms, there are some important differences:
- Unlike HTML pages, a PDF document has a single, global interactive form spanning the entire document.
- In PDF documents, the field and value appearance can be completely customized. Although field appearances give incredible customization power to PDF forms, developers need to learn to work with forms where field's value and appearance are two different entities.
- The PDF format supports combo boxes with text editing.
- In the PDF format, it's possible to associate fields with different kinds of Actions (or Action chains).
PDF.js Express fully supports reading, writing, and editing PDF forms and provides utility methods to make working with forms simple and efficient. Using the PDF.js Express Web Viewer SDK forms API, arbitrary subsets of form fields can be imported or exported from the document, new forms can be created from scratch, and the appearance of existing forms can be modified.
PDF.js Express benefits include:
- Fill PDF Forms
- Read PDF form field values
- Form field name management
- Create new form fields
Major features of PDF.js Express Web Viewer form support:
- Rendering of the form field widgets as from the original PDF document
- Dynamic data entry into form field widgets
- Loading and saving of form field data
- Programmatic access to form field data, values and child widgets via the Annotations.Forms.FieldManager class
Fill form fields
To modify in values for existing form fields.
Styling form fields
To fill in values for existing form fields.